THE OFFICIAL: What are you wearing today? #3 *LOCKED*

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

THE OFFICIAL: What are you wearing today? #3 *LOCKED*

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Howdy all!! Well, whata weekend for a CD-- two days "en femme." Yesterday I attended the NY peace march as the "green" cheerleader, (see above) and today-- two shopping excursions! The first was a short hop to Takoma Park to visit the consigment shop GLAD RAGS. For that I had: light shoulder length wig, white peasant blouse with embroider at top, denim skirt with red studded belt (!), beige tights, pink-ish floral print sneakers, pink cord jacket. Large round sunglasses. At the store got a 70's era athletic team style jacket and red/pink skirt. Stopped at House of Musical Traditions and picked up the latest issue of LIVING TRADITION, a Scotland based folk/roots magazine. Nobody flinched. After returning to my apartment, I remembered a BORDERS coupon that would have expired today. Go to BORDERS "dressed?" Well, there were 2 photos left on the roll of film-- had to use those up. (and the BORDERS near me is only a 15 minute walk away...) So I kept the blouse on, but switched everything else (except the glasses).
I am now back home after a successful trip to BORDERS (which included a photo with one of the staff!! yes!!-- she helped find a few items and then -- photo op!!) So I am still wearing: long dark wig, white hair band, floral print jacket (TALBOTS-- but I got it at CONSIGNING WOMEN in VA!) , dark dangly hoop earrings, peasant blouse, red belt, box pleat denim skirt (slightly above knee), tights, tan ankle high walking boots. Yeah!! "Preppie girl" meets "hippie chick" in a creative and tasteful blend... ahem... really is cute!)
For those of an intellectual/arts bent (and anyone else who'd like to know), the BORDERS purchase included: DVD of the documentary on artist Robert Crumb, Neko Case CD: Fox Confessor Brings the Flood (heard cuts from this at GLAD RAGS-- lots of different influences can be discerned-- British folk, gospel, early '60s "girl group" pop etc. etc.-- great voice.)) and a book: Divine Destruction Wise Use, Dominion Theology, and the Making of American Environmental Policy by Stephanie Hendricks (Melville House).
Peace'n'Luv for now-- Kendra Lynn

This topic has been split due to its large size. The second section may be found here:

viewtopic.php?t=10663

- SL
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Kendra, it sounds like you had a great weekend.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Lorna
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Lorna »

Today was a gorgeous day!! :mrgreen:

So today I wore a black tank top, denim skirt, black & pink sketchers. Just keeping it cute & casual...
Live it. Love it. OWN IT.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Kendra that sounds like a wonderful weekend. It probably rates it's own thread.

Jadeanne, it's not a shaper slip. More of a smoother slip but without the confinement and control of the shaper stuff. Very relaxed and form fitting. It's by Vanity Fair and is mostly nylon with a little spandex. THe hem is a bit below the knee on me-I'm pretty tall. I also have one that has a hem about there a really long shirt tail would end.

From a distance these could pass easily for a dress.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

Hi all,

Kendra,

Wow! What a weekend, with the march, traveling and shopping en femme - nice outfits all.

Lorna,

Your outfit sounds really nice. Was the denim skirt the short one that you wrote about several times?

Absaroka,

Thanks for the clarification on the slip. I confess that sometimes I like the feel of tight foundation garments, but I haven't found one in my (low) price range. I'll just keep looking and find one someday.

Denise,

I love pink and lace trim! My natural hair color is "mostly gone" but I have 7 wigs, all blonde.

In a few minutes, Anita's group will be having a webcast. What do you wear to view a webcast?

I'm in some of my favorite lingerie, a red lace camisole, red petticoat, red fishnet pantyhose over nude pantyhose, dark red pumps. My jewelry is red enamel heart shaped clip earrings and pendant, red bracelet, gold and silvertone watch.

Underneath, red strapless bustier with my silicone forms, then to protect my modesty my longer multicolor pastel tiered pettipants, which are concealing my method for keeping my pantyhose from drooping, a white panty girdle and boned waist cincher. Underneath all of that, red satin panties.

I stopped typing to watch Anita's bands webcast and really enjoyed it.

What are you wearing?

Jadeanne
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

Hi all,

Now that I'm retired, I'm dressing a lot more.

This morning, I wore my long green Roamans nylon nightie that I slept in until after breakfast, then after a shower, a long red paisley dress with pleated skirt and net petticoat while I did a few household chores, then sorting the mail while I watched TV

It was back to boy clothes to take my wife to lunch and a few errands, then after we got back home, it was nap time in a different nylon nightie, this one a long blue one.

From late afternoon, I changed into my current outfit - a short sleeved dress that was handmade by my late mother. It's tan with a brown and pale blue floral print with a full skirt, pouffed out with my white petticoat. a couple of inches above the knee on me. My support stockings are beige, shoes are tan pumps. Around my neck is a silver and gold chain, clip earrings are rhinestone hearts, rhinestone bracelet, midlength curly blonde wig.

Underneath, besides the white petticoat, a white longline Adonna bra with breastforms, beige 4 garter open bottom girdle, white boned waist cincher, and satin panties.

I thought it was an appropriate outfit to fold the laundry and match the socks.

What are you wearing?

Jadeanne
Paulie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paulie »

Summer is almost here!

This was my weekend wear last Sunday. Weather was pretty nice and decided to clean the cars in the backyard.

Short little denim shorts with a cute polo shirt top, and a pair of keds. Of course, bra and panties underneath... kinda goes without saying. I really love the look of my smooth legs in those shorts. I think it will have to be a weekly thing for me! :lol: 8)
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

At home...

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Hello all: Just sitting here in the apartment sending and receiving email messages. More fun to be "dressed" while doing so. I am wearing: long, but styled wig, dangly hoop earrings, lip stick, (no other make up), "watermelon" colored tee, white drawstring shorts, white cord jacket, white socks, dark pink ("fuchsia"?) sneakers. Not a bad ensemble; probably will wear it "out and about."
Peace'n'Luv-- Kendra Lynn
Lorna
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Lorna »

Light grey tank top, denim shorts, pink & black sketchers.
Live it. Love it. OWN IT.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Balck top, long dark red skirt, thigh highs, the usual undies with the new vanity fair stretchy long slip.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

"Hippie Girl" is here!! (or "Shopping again i

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!
The promised rain did not show up tihis afternoon, so it turned out to be a good day for "vintage" shopping in Takoma Park.
There are 6 stores carrying "vintage" clothing in central Takoma Park, and they are all in walking distance from the METRO station and each other.
Actually, the er... "excuse" for this visit was that I had left a belt in the dressing room at GLAD RAGS and needed to pick it up. Ah, yes... another opportunity for "dressing" (before the nasty, hot, summer weather arrives...).
But I did something different this time-- just dark shorts (GAP),beige tights, light blue tee, peace sign pendant, dangly hop earrings, long-ish strawberry blonde wig, big round sunglasses, jean jacket, white "oxford" running shoes with velcro straps. No skirt this time! Very casual.
The ensemble changed at GLAD RAGS (a consignment shop which sells vintage and contemporary stuff) when I purchased-- MY FIRST PAIR OF WOMEN's JEANS!! They had a pair in size 18 which fit fine. (size 16 did not). After leaving GLAD RAGS (shorts off, jeans on WITH the black belt), I strolled over to TAKOMA UNDERGROUND. They had a good bit of vintage stuff, but it was either too small, too fancy, or too frumpy. But they did have a nice selection of books and I bought one on Louisiana music and a few others.
After leaving TAKOMA UNDERGROUND. the next stop was RERUN which specializes in '60s clothing. Got a cute skirt with a tie belt. But I ALSO got a white above the knee sleevelless linen ( ?) dress. I wound up trying that over the tee and jeans as a sort of "tunic." The effect was really cute, much better than I'd expected. I remember "hippie girls" wearing outfits like that when I was in college.
Anyhow, I'm back home now and am still wearing: the wig, light blue tee, JEANS, peace pendant, white shoes, tights. "Gir"l jeans are comfortable (in the right size) and I must say I felt safer in them as opposed to wearing a skirt or dress. Hm... (I wonder if GG's feel this way)...
Well, I'm hungry so it's time to close out this post and get some more food in me (I did eat a small bowl of pineapple gellato from MAMA LUCIA's -- very nice but not a dinner).
Peace'n'Luv to all-- Kendra Lynn
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

My wife took the kids to her parents last night so i could get a chance to dress. A while back I had bought a 3 piece outfit in 2 sizes too small. It has a long hight ankle length sleeveless dress, a long duster and matching slacks. It was from a second hand store and I just loved the outfit, the color eggplant, and I found matching shoes also..... so I just could not leave it there. And the cost, second hand store, need I say more.

Another reason I got it was that I was in the process of loosing weight, so I thought it would give me incentive to work on loosing harder. Well last night i tried it on again. It was still a little tight, but oh it looked and felt nice. More incentive to keep loosing more weight.

I enjoyed wearing it so much I wore it while doing laundry. Not your normal outfit for house hold chores. But hey I am a CDer.

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a nice Mothers Day. My wife's mother and my mother have passed on several years ago.

I fixed a DSL problem and I'm back online, dressed in an outfit that I'm not sure that I described before.

Paulie,

That's a cute outfit. As it gets warmer, I might think about borrowing some shorts from my wife.

Kendra,

That's a nice Tuesday outfit. Thank you for sharing your shopping trip and finds. Stories like yours are making me think that I should consider pants/jeans.

Lorna,

Your outfit sounds nice. I'm becoming a bit more open to considering womens shorts, especially ones I can borrow from my wife.

Absaroka,

That's a nice outfit. Black and red go together nicely, and I like a slip under my dress or skirt.

Kimberly,

That was very thoughtful of your wife to allow you dressup time alone. The outfit sounds lovely. Congratulations on losing weight - keep up the good work.

Tonight, I'm wearing a 2 piece purple paisley dress (thrift store find) with long sleeves and a tie around the neck, and a pleated skirt. I'm wearing a pair of pantyhose one last time before they get tossed - my wife wore them to church today and they got a couple of runs started that are getting worse. My shoes are fuschia suede heels. My jewelry is silvertone, including a pin on my top, clip earrings, bracelets. My blonde wig is curly midlength. Underneath, white full slip, white longline bra with silicone forms, beige panty girdle and white boned waist cincher.

What are you wearing?

Jadeanne
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Today I felt real good so after a shower and shave and a little dusting power ( oh I love dusting power ) I put on a very nice dress with fashion stockings and pretty myself up. Wish I had a dital camera and all I got from my wife was " you cann't cut tomatoes stakes looking like that". Well anyway I am all black under neat with a very pretty blue dress trimmed in roses, full make up and wig. A new pearl necklace with small pearl ear rings. Nice day to dress, hugs Carol Ann
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

Carol Ann,

Your outfits sound lovely.

Today was an indoor day for me, just had to throw on boy clothes to move the car so my wife could drive her car to a church VBS meeting.

I have had 3 different outfits on today, first a blue Avenue top, pink floral print Alfred Dunner pleated skirt with 2 petticoats, matching pink heels and purse, pink dangly clip earrings, long straight blonde wig. After I put on a robe to eat lunch, then it was a short green dress with pink floral print that was handmade and worn by my late mother, one petticoat, same shoes, purse, jewelry, one of my midlength curly blonde wigs.

Tonight, it's my heavily lace trimmed pink floral print square dance outfit with 4 of my petticoats underneath. This was a $6 thrift store find, and I'm wearing it with pink fishnet tights, black patent dancing shoes, goldtone dangly clip earrings, and my shoulder length curly blonde wig.

If I put on makeup and had the right props, I could be either Little Bo Peep or Dolly Parton.

What are you wearing?

Jadeanne